You will find NOR / SI at the following link SI2020 – Dinghy Week
This year CYC’s annual dinghy week will be 4 days of racing for members (and invited guests only) from Thursday 6th August to Sunday 9th August. 2 Races per day, from a cyclone committee boat start.
Due to the Covid restrictions we can’t run the organised social events, but if the weather is good we hope to have some socially distanced evenings in the club.
Note: the changing rooms are currently Closed so competitors should arrive ready to sail.
To make running the racing as seamless as possible whilst adhering to COVID 19 guidelines and social distancing we ask that you follow the below steps with regard to entry, competing and finishing.
1) We encourage competitors to enter online on the CYC website or by messaging your Name, Class, Fleet and Sail Number on the CYC Dinghy racers WhatsApp group. Please note there will be no sign on sheets available on the day
2) The RO’s intention is to abandon if necessary one hour before the first start time.
3) We remind you that there is limited safety cover so please only compete if you feel competent with the conditions on the day, please refresh your memories on the SI’s Risk Statement
4) The course will be published on the CYC Dinghy racers Whatsapp no later than 30 mins before the start. The RO will, if weather permits,try to also display this outside the Sloop but please do not rely on this method
5) Racing will be in the confines of the Chichester Lake and will be within Eyesight of the Race Box.
6) There will be no sign off sheets. If you need to declare after the race (RTD, DNS, DNF) please message the CYC Dinghy Racers Whatsapp group. Else finishers will be as recorded.
7) Results will be published in the normal way on the CYC website.
Race Start times
|HW/Ht||Races Scheduled||First Signal|
|Thurs 6th August 2020||1414/4.7||1,2||1315|
|Fri 7th August 2020||1449/4.6||3,4||1400|
|Sat 8th August 2020||1545/4.5||5,6||1430|
|Sun 9th August 2020||1602/4.4||
10.1 Fast/Modern Fleet – Classes designed after 1990 typically, but not limited to, asymmetric boats with a PY of 1110 or less. In addition any class with a PY of 1045 or under.
- 2 Classic/Medium Fleet – Classes with a PY of 1046 to 1199 (see 10.4) and would typically include Comet (any type), Byte, Finn, GP14, Laser Full Rig & Radial, Miracle, National 12, OK, Solo, Streaker, Firefly, Wanderer.
10.3 Slow/Traditional/Novice Fleet – Classes with a PY 1200 or higher (Novice Fleet 1500 or under)