RYA Stages 1, 2 & 3 (Youths 8-15)*: Child-centred with an emphasis on enjoyment and building confidence. Each stage may take up to 2 days, but stages are usually combined in courses of 2 or more days, allowing each child to progress at their own pace. Small single-handed dinghies are provided by the Club, and achievements are recorded in a RYA Logbook, which is recognised at all RYA Training Centres. A parent or guardian is not required to remain at the Club during the course.
RYA Youth courses are open to members of the public, as well as club members.
We have a range of courses throughout 2020:
- 6-8 April (RYA Stage 1, 2 & 3)
- 9/10 April (RYA Stage 3)
- 25-28 May (RYA Stage 1, 2 & 3)
- 6/7 June (RYA Stage 3)
- 20-22 July (RYA Stage 1, 2 & 3) Full – Waiting list only
- 23-25 July (RYA Stage 1, 2 & 3) Full – Waiting list only
- 26-27 July (RYA Stage 3) Full- Waiting list only
- 1-5 August (RYA Stage 1, 2 & 3) Full – Waiting list only
- 17-19 August (RYA Stage 1, 2 & 3) Full – Waiting list only
- 20/21 August (RYA Stage 3) Full – Waiting list only
Once juniors have completed their Stage 3, they are able to join our wide range of Club Youth Training.
RYA Level 1 & 2 (Adult 16+): Members only Basic theory and practical instruction. Each level normally takes 2 days. Adult Mini Courses are scheduled to run over weekends, and additional courses may be run on demand using single-handed and double-handed dinghies provided by the Club. For those ages 16-18, a parent or guardian is required to remain at the Club during the course.
Adult Course Dates in 2020:
- 11/12 April
- 25/26 April
- 23/24 May
- 8/9 August
- 5/6 September
Adult are also able to join our Club Adult Training with session for any experience level.
Contact the Office to learn more about the learn to sail options at Chichester Yacht Club.