The RYA Shore Based and Practical Training Courses are the best way of receiving both practical and theoretical training.
Practical Courses at CYC
- RYA PowerBoat Level 2 courses are available here at CYC.
- The dates for the PB2 2019 courses are 16/17 March, 13/14 April, 27/28 April, 25/26 May, 22/23 June, 27/28 July, 10/11 August, 24/25 August, 7/8 September, 5/6 October.
- The CYC Dinghy Section also offer RYA dinghy sailing courses, which provide much of the sailing skills required for sailing larger boats.
The following local companies provide RYA courses
- Chichester Marine Training (Motors & Yachts): chichestermarinetraining.co.uk
- Sunsail, Port Solent (Yachts only): sunsail.co.uk
Shore Based Courses:
- Chichester Marine Training: chichestermarinetraining.co.uk
- Emsworth School of Navigation: emsnav.com
- Chichester Yacht Club also periodically run RYA theory, First Aid and VHF radio courses at the club. Own Boat tuition is also available. Please enquire at the office.
The CYC Yacht Section run a series of talks and lectures over the winter months which are aimed at all types of boating. General technical and safety articles are also produced in the club magazine.
Other informal training is available through the crew exchange section of the website, where crew wishing to gain more experience can offer to crew for skippers needing crew, and pick up a few tips. Also, skippers can advertise for more experienced crews to increase their own abilities.
By far the greatest exchange of ideas and passing on of knowledge and techniques occurs at informal gatherings, such as the monthly social nights and social occasions on CYC cruises.
Chichester Marine Training also provide formal or informal on your own boat training, tailored to your own individual needs.